- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Dash salt
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Lettuce Leaves
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine juice with sugar, eggs and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Stir in pineapple, celery, apples and pecans.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into a 9-in. square pan.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired.
- Freeze Time 3 Hours
NotesWhile I was growing up on a farm in middle Tennessee, we always had lots of hungry men around during harvest time. This salad is one we served often since it was easy to increase and we could prepare it ahead of time
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More