- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Dash salt
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Lettuce Leaves
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine juice with sugar, eggs and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Stir in pineapple, celery, apples and pecans.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into a 9-in. square pan.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired.
- Freeze Time 3 Hours
NotesWhile I was growing up on a farm in middle Tennessee, we always had lots of hungry men around during harvest time. This salad is one we served often since it was easy to increase and we could prepare it ahead of time
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More