- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped banana
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 bag frozen strawberries, thawed, or 1 quart fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 bag frozen strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Cut the bread into 1 1/2- to 2-inch slices. Cut a pocket into each one by slicing from the top of the bread almost to the bottom.
- Combine jam, cream cheese, strawberries and bananas in a small bowl.
- Place heaping tablespoon of strawberry filling into each pocket. Press sides back together.
- Beat eggs and milk in wide shallow bowl. Dip filled bread slice into bowl, coating both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add as many slices as will fit and brown on both sides. Remove slices from pan and stack it bottom up on its side in a glass pan and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining French Toast.
- In a blender, puree the strawberries with the sugar, adding just enough water, to get the blender going. Heat sauce in microwave or in a double boiler.
NotesHubby and I love french toast. This is our second fav right after the Creme Brulee French Toast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Social CookbookSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More