- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy entire cookbook is recipes from my grandmother. Some are from her mother. This is one of many. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegitable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1(28oz)jar mince meat
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add oil and milk, stirring until mixture is well moistened and crumbly.
- Reserving 1 cup mixture; press remainder into a baking dish; spread with mince meat. sprinkle evenly with remaining mixture & nuts.
- Bake 30min. or until golden brown.
- Cut into bars. Enjoy! Store any remaining, loosely covered, at room temperature.