- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can fruit cocktail
- Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, add egg, sugar and oil.
- Mix well.
- Add flour mixture. Then add fruit cocktail.
- Mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes
NotesThis is a cake my mom used to bake when I was a child. I'm not sure where she got it, but it's easy to prepare and is very moist!