FRUIT COCKTAIL SNACK CAKE
- 1 large egg
- 1 c Splenda
- 1-15 ounce can fruit cocktail (I use Del Monte’s Carb select), minus 2 tablespoons of the juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat an 8” square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat egg, Splenda, and fruit cocktail with a hand mixer until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
4. Fold dry ingredients into fruit cocktail mixture with a whisk; then add vanilla extract.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool & serve.
Per serving (Calculated using fruit cocktail in light syrup. Calories, etc will be lower if the Del Monte Carb select Fruit cocktail is used instead.)
Carbs: 23 g
Protein: 3 g
Fat: 1g (0 saturated)
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 200 milligrams