- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Grated Orange Peel
- 1/2 Cup Can Peaches, Pureed
- 1/2 Cup Can Pineapple, Pureed
- 1/3 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Bacon Drippings
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Clover Honey
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil, add 1 tablespoon butter and bacon drippings.
- When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and sauté for about two minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add garlic.
- Brown duck breasts on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and reduce heat to simmer.
- When the butter is melted add orange rind, tomato paste, chicken broth, orange juice, and honey.
- Stir over moderate heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add pineapple and peach, bring back to a boil.
- Place breasts in a large pot and coat with sauce.
- Cook over low heat about 20 minutes.
- Arrange breasts on heat-proof serving platter.
- Whisk whipped cream into sauce and add mushrooms.
- Spoon sauce over breasts and place in the broiler.
- Brown lightly and serve.
NotesAbout the only wild game I have tried and did not like is DUCK. That is, until I came across a recipe a couple of years ago and modified it to my taste. I think you will agree this is the easiest "good tasting" duck recipe you will come across.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Adventures in Cooking
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More