- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Grated Orange Peel
- 1/2 Cup Can Peaches, Pureed
- 1/2 Cup Can Pineapple, Pureed
- 1/3 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Bacon Drippings
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Clover Honey
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil, add 1 tablespoon butter and bacon drippings.
- When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and sauté for about two minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add garlic.
- Brown duck breasts on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and reduce heat to simmer.
- When the butter is melted add orange rind, tomato paste, chicken broth, orange juice, and honey.
- Stir over moderate heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add pineapple and peach, bring back to a boil.
- Place breasts in a large pot and coat with sauce.
- Cook over low heat about 20 minutes.
- Arrange breasts on heat-proof serving platter.
- Whisk whipped cream into sauce and add mushrooms.
- Spoon sauce over breasts and place in the broiler.
- Brown lightly and serve.
NotesAbout the only wild game I have tried and did not like is DUCK. That is, until I came across a recipe a couple of years ago and modified it to my taste. I think you will agree this is the easiest "good tasting" duck recipe you will come across.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More