- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1 sheet of homemade or store-bought puff pastry
- 9 tbs. of your favorite jam or preserves (I use Pear-Pineapple Preserves)
- 1/2 stick of melted butter or egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Turn out the puff pastry on to a lightly floured work surface and make sure it is properly coated with flour.
- Divide the pastry into 9 equal squares.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of preserves into the center of each square.
- Fold each square in half to form a triangle.
- Crimp the edges of each turn-over with a fork so that the filling will not ooze out of the turnover during baking.
- Brush each turnover with a light coating of the butter or egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and flaky
- Serve warm with ice cream
NotesI first discovered these turnovers when some surprise guests showed up for dinner. I realized only half an hour before dinner that I had no desert planned. I quickly whipped out some left-over puff pastry and some holiday preserves and turned out a batch of these turn-overs. I was worried that they wouldn't come right, but they ended up being a hit! In fact, one of the guests even asked me for the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
Food Travels Through Italy
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More