- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1 sheet of homemade or store-bought puff pastry
- 9 tbs. of your favorite jam or preserves (I use Pear-Pineapple Preserves)
- 1/2 stick of melted butter or egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Turn out the puff pastry on to a lightly floured work surface and make sure it is properly coated with flour.
- Divide the pastry into 9 equal squares.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of preserves into the center of each square.
- Fold each square in half to form a triangle.
- Crimp the edges of each turn-over with a fork so that the filling will not ooze out of the turnover during baking.
- Brush each turnover with a light coating of the butter or egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and flaky
- Serve warm with ice cream
NotesI first discovered these turnovers when some surprise guests showed up for dinner. I realized only half an hour before dinner that I had no desert planned. I quickly whipped out some left-over puff pastry and some holiday preserves and turned out a batch of these turn-overs. I was worried that they wouldn't come right, but they ended up being a hit! In fact, one of the guests even asked me for the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More