- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24-36
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 cups, really packed, diced, peeled apples or pears, or 1 can, about 10 ounces, very-well drained crushed pineapple
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together or just whisk well. Combine eggs, milk and butter and add to flour mixture, mixing just to moisten flour. Add fruit. Drop into hot oil about 375 degrees using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop but you can use a tablespoon if you don't have an ice-cream scoop.
- Fry in single layer in hot oil, about 375 degrees (You can use a Fry Daddy deep fryer if you have one) until golden on both sides. You may have to turn the fritters in the oil. Their shape isn't real round but sort of bumpy. If you want, while the fritters are still hot, shake in a bag with powdered sugar or regular sugar and cinnamon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Italy or BustSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More