- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tangerines, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Sixteen 1-inch cubes fresh pineapple (about ¼ pineapple)
- 16 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 16 6-inch wooden skewers
Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes; drain.
Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
To make the basting sauce: Stir together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Thread the fruit onto the skewers in the order listed. Lightly brush the sauce on all sides of the fruit.
Broil the skewers 4 to 5 inches from the heating element for about 3 minutes, or until the fruit is just heated through but not cooked. Serve warm or at room temperature.