- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tangerines, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Sixteen 1-inch cubes fresh pineapple (about ¼ pineapple)
- 16 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 16 6-inch wooden skewers
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes; drain.
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- To make the basting sauce: Stir together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Thread the fruit onto the skewers in the order listed. Lightly brush the sauce on all sides of the fruit.
- Broil the skewers 4 to 5 inches from the heating element for about 3 minutes, or until the fruit is just heated through but not cooked. Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesServe this as an appetizer for guests or as a simple and healthful snack for your family.Vary the fruit, if you like, but definitely use avocado, a fruit usually thought of as a vegetable. Its creamy texture and mild, nutty flavor are a luscious surprise. If time permits, cut the pineapple into triangles, the avocado into cubes, and the banana into rounded chunks, leaving the tangerine sections and strawberries whole.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More