- Cooking Time: 1 hour + cooling
- Servings: 2 loaves, 1 cup spread
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Fold in the walnuts, raisins and cranberries.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. For spread, place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cranberries and walnuts until blended. Serve with bread.
NotesFamily dinners wouldn't be complete without this bread. I bake a variety to suit all of us--one plain,one with nuts, one with raisins and dried cranberries, and one with everything.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More