- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 6
- 3 egg whites (I used eggCeptions egg whites, about 1/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 container of Cool Whip lite, thawed.
- (or any assortment of fruit)
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Cover a cookiesheet with a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Pour eggwhites into a clean glass or metal bowl. Use a handmixer to beat them until frothy. Add in cream of tartar and beat until white peaks form. Add Splenda, one tablespoon at a time, and continue to beat on high.
- When stiff peaks form, pour the mixture onto the cookiesheet lining. If serving on a 9-inch plate, do not spread the mixture any wider than a diameter of 8 inches. Make sure middle of mixture dips slightly, so edges are higher.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour (you may want to check on it after about 50 mins, just to make sure it doesn't burn). Allow to cool for about 30 mins.
- Spread Cool Whip over the dip in the meringue. Arrange fruit and dust with icing sugar (or Splenda) if desired. Serve immediately.
- Serves 6, approximately 150 calories per serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
The Italian Exchange
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More