- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 eggs (3)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar (2 1/4 c.)
- 1 - 16 oz can fruit cocktail (undrained) (1 1/2)
- 2 1/4 c. flour (3 1/3 c.)
- 1 1/2 t. soda (2 1/4 t.)
- 1/2 t. salt (3/4 t.)
- 1 t. vanilla (1 1/2 t.)
- 1 1/2 c. flaked coconut (2 1/4 c.)
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (3/4 c.)
- 3/4 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl at high speed, until light and fluffy. Add fruit cocktail, flour, salt, soda and vanilla, beating at medium speed until well blended. Spread in 10x15" jelly roll pan which has been greased and floured. Sprinkle with coconut and walnuts. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. While hot, spread on glaze.
- Combine sugar, butter and milk; bring to boil and boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and cool. Spread on bars.
NotesThis recipe is one my mother often made for church. This is a very moist recipe and you will be tempted to eat them for breakfast! The measurements after the ingredients are a larger recipe, that fit into my commercial size jelly roll pans. Mom's jelly roll pan was the medium size.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More