FRUIT SALSA AND CINNAMON CHIPS
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (these are needed to offset the sweetness)
- 1 Red Delicious Apple
- 1 Mango
- 3 Kiwi
- 2 Cups of Strawberries (cut the cores out)
- 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup orange/pineapple/banana combination juice
- For the Cinnamon Chips,it depends on how many you are making, You can play with the following ingredients to taste.
- 1 Stick of butter
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 3 Tbs cinnamon
- Package of Tortillas, large size, pack of 10-12 makes about 80 chips
Peel and cut all fruits. Crush them in a food processor. You will want to have some chunkiness to it. Mix all fruits, sugar and OJ together.
For the Cinnamon Chips,it depends on how many you are making, You can play with the following ingredients to taste.
Cut Tortilla's into 8 wedges, like you are cutting a pizza. Melt butter and mix cinnamon and sugar. Brush mixture onto wedges. ( Best to use brush, if you spoon it on, wedges stick to pan) Bake at 425 degrees for 5-7 minutes, until they are golden brown. Brush some more mixture on them before they cool off. Try one out of the first batch you make and see if you want them sweeter,or more cinnamon.
These make great gifts when chips are packaged in pretty cellophane and ribbon and fruit salsa in a nice glass jar. (Keep Refrigerated)