- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ cups of sugar
- ½ cup of margarine (room temperature)
- ½ cup of shortening
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of almond
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- Beat sugar, margarine, shortening, baking powder, and vanilla, almond and eggs. Beat well. Stir in the flour. Spread 2/3 of the batter onto a greased and floured jellyroll pan. Carefully spread the cherry pie filling over this. Drop the remaining batter by tablespoons evenly over the pie filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze while still warm.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesThis came from a Gold Medal cookbook I sent for over 20 years ago. It is really good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More