- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp whole pickling spice
- 15 red tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 peaches, finely chopped
- 3 pears, finely chopped
- 3 apples, finely chopped
- 1 head of celery, finely chopped
- 3 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place pickling spice in a small cheesecloth bag and tie well.
- Place tomatoes, peaches, pears, apples, celery and onions in large stock pot and add sugar, vinegar, pickling spices and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook uncovered slowly for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Pour the hot ketchup in sterilized jars, leaving a 1/2-inch (1 cm) head space. Seal with prepared lids and transfer jars into a pot full of boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove jars and let cool for 24 hours without moving. Store jars and enjoy throughout the summer and winter!
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More