- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp whole pickling spice
- 15 red tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 peaches, finely chopped
- 3 pears, finely chopped
- 3 apples, finely chopped
- 1 head of celery, finely chopped
- 3 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place pickling spice in a small cheesecloth bag and tie well.
- Place tomatoes, peaches, pears, apples, celery and onions in large stock pot and add sugar, vinegar, pickling spices and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook uncovered slowly for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Pour the hot ketchup in sterilized jars, leaving a 1/2-inch (1 cm) head space. Seal with prepared lids and transfer jars into a pot full of boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove jars and let cool for 24 hours without moving. Store jars and enjoy throughout the summer and winter!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More