- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp whole pickling spice
- 15 red tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 peaches, finely chopped
- 3 pears, finely chopped
- 3 apples, finely chopped
- 1 head of celery, finely chopped
- 3 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place pickling spice in a small cheesecloth bag and tie well.
- Place tomatoes, peaches, pears, apples, celery and onions in large stock pot and add sugar, vinegar, pickling spices and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook uncovered slowly for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Pour the hot ketchup in sterilized jars, leaving a 1/2-inch (1 cm) head space. Seal with prepared lids and transfer jars into a pot full of boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove jars and let cool for 24 hours without moving. Store jars and enjoy throughout the summer and winter!