- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a wonderful recipe I created on a hot summer day. Far too hot to light the oven. I had left-over chicken and a cantaloupe in the fridge. Hope you like it.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, skin and bones removed, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, cleaned and finely diced
- 2 green onions, cleaned and finely diced
- 1 medium ripe but firm plum (halved, pitted and finely diced)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons plum nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 medium cantaloupe, chilled
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, the celery, the green onions, the plum and the walnuts.
- Toss to blend.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, the sour cream, the buttermilk, the nectar, the salt and the pepper.
- Whisk to blend.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- Halve the cantaloupe crosswise.
- Clean the seeds and membrane from each half.
- Spoon 1/2 of the chicken mixture into each melon half and serve.