- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups cooked chicken, skin and bones removed, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, cleaned and finely diced
- 2 green onions, cleaned and finely diced
- 1 medium ripe but firm plum (halved, pitted and finely diced)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons plum nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 medium cantaloupe, chilled
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, the celery, the green onions, the plum and the walnuts.
- Toss to blend.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, the sour cream, the buttermilk, the nectar, the salt and the pepper.
- Whisk to blend.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- Halve the cantaloupe crosswise.
- Clean the seeds and membrane from each half.
- Spoon 1/2 of the chicken mixture into each melon half and serve.
NotesThis is a wonderful recipe I created on a hot summer day. Far too hot to light the oven. I had left-over chicken and a cantaloupe in the fridge. Hope you like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More