- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a recipe from my very good friend Gerry who made it for one of our annual Christmas luncheons. Every Wednesday we meet for breakfast, we call it our therapy. We also go out to lunch for our birthdays and every Christmas we take turns having lunch at each others house. There were 10 of us, but two of our friends have passed away over the last 20 years. I hope you all enjoy this recipe.
- 4 Cups diced cooked chicken cooled
- 1 15oz. can pineapple chunks drained well
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin oranges drained well
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green pepper
- 2 T, grated onion
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 T prepared mustard
- 1 5 oz. can Chinese noodles (rice noodles or chow mien)
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine: chicken, pineapple, oranges, celery, onions, olives, and peppers.
- Can be assembled an hour or two before serving.
- Stir: Mayonnaise and mustard to combine. Cover and chill for several hours.
- Before serving, stir in noodles and mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve on individual plate over lettuce, or line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves, add chicken salad on top.