- Cooking Time: 50 to 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. chopped candied fruit
- 2 Tbsp. golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp. chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease and flour cookie sheet.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and stir in ricotta, eggs, vanilla, sugar, candied fruit, raisins, almonds, and lemon peel. Knead lightly until dough holds together.
- Shape into 12-inch-long loaf and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack. Brush butter over warm loaf; sift confectioners’ sugar over top. Cool completely.
- Yield: 12 servings
NotesNice at Christmas time and delicious!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More