- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI hit the jackpot with this recipe! I found a recipe like this on my recipe travels but they used cottage cheese and I wasn't about to use that with this kind of recipe so I changed it to what we would like! You could make this for anytime and not just breakfast! My family and myself loved this! As we were eating we started talking about all the different things you could do with the waffles and a great idea would be the canned pie filling! Top of the list was apple or cherry! I can't wait to try these!
You have to make sure to buy the whipped cream cheese in a tube and not the brick of regular cream cheese! The whipped is so creamy and when the powdered sugar is added to it, Oh Boy, delightful! You could use any jam or jelly or the canned pie filling! A great recipe! 2 thumbs up! 5 stars!
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese (you can find it near the regular brick cream cheese but it's in a tube)
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 waffles, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Jam, divided between the 2 sandwiches
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- whipped cream, (Reddi-Whip in a can is great)
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Spread 1 tablespoon jam on the inside of each sandwich. Next, spread cream cheese mixture. Put the sandwich together.
- Melt butter in skillet and cook until golden and crispy on each side, about 3 minutes each.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.