- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 (10 oz.) package regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Fruity Cheerios
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add the Fruity Cheerios. Stir until coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Note: It wont fill the whole pan. I spread mine out to about half the width of the pan. Allow the gooey mess to cool completely.
- Using a cookie cutter (Butterfly or otherwise) cut the mixture into shapes. Feed the leftover edges to a dog, your husband, or other boy/man in your life. Butterfly treats are for “Girl’s Only!”
- You can read more of my cooking adventures at ErinCooks.com
NotesThese marshmallow treats complete with ragged edges and a slightly indecipherable shape are my virtual gift to my Mom today. I hope that she appreciates the fact that I’m not actually going to make her eat them, and that she enjoys the real gifts that are currently hurtling their way to her in a big brown UPS truck. I cross my heart and promise that the box does not contain a dead plant!
Happy Mother’s Day Wummy! Thanks for always cleaning up after those crazy messes I made in the kitchen and for not yelling at me too much when I’d get into the spice cupboard and make “potions” with the oregano, mustard, and bouillon cubes.
Fruity Butterfly Treats (Based on the Fabulous Original Rice Krispie Treats recipe located at RiceKrispies.com)