- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 15-ounce can pear halves in juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- Drain the pear halves and reserve the liquid. Slice the pears. Combine the reserved pear liquid, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small saucepan and whisk until well blended.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat, add the raisins and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer and stir until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the pears and the nuts. Keep warm. Mix the eggs, milk, apple juice, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture, one slice at a time, and coat evenly. Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half of the soaked bread until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm while you cook the remaining bread slices in the remaining oil. Serve with the pear topping. Adapted from The Moms’ Guide to Meal Makeovers
NotesStart off your morning with this delicious take on French toast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More