- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 15-ounce can pear halves in juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- Drain the pear halves and reserve the liquid. Slice the pears.
- Combine the reserved pear liquid, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small saucepan and whisk until well blended. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat, add the raisins and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer and stir until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the pears and the nuts. Keep warm.
- Mix the eggs, milk, apple juice, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture, one slice at a time, and coat evenly.
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cookhalf of the soaked bread until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm whilt you cook the remaining bread slices in the remaing oil. Serve with the pear topping.
- Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Cook Time: Approximately 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
NotesAdapted from The Moms’ Guide to Meal Makeovers
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More