- 1/2 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 2 mangoes , peeled and diced small
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup finely-minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 11/2 Tbsp. rice vinegar, or to taste
Place chopped onion in a heatproof bowl and add boiling water to cover.
Let stand for a few minutes.
In the meantime, mix fruit and juice in a large bowl.
Add cilantro and vinegar and mix well.
Drain onion and add to fruit mixture, mixing well.
Taste, adding more vinegar and/or juice if desired.
Salsa may be served immediately or can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator 2 to 3 days.