- Cooking Time: 80 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup Tropical Food’s Banana Split® Snack Mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 fresh pineapple slices
- 3 maraschino cherries
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream per serving
- Caramel sauce for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x2-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a sauté pan and stir in the brown sugar until melted. Spread over the parchment paper.
- Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer, and then place cherries between each slice and in the center.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a mixer beat in the remaining 6 tbsp. of butter until the mixture looks sandy. Beat in the milk, vanilla extract, and eggs on medium for 1 minute. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake to release from the pan and invert the cake onto a large plate.
- Remove the pan and parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Serve with 1 scoop of ice cream, drizzle of caramel sauce and Tropical Food’s Banana Split®.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Fruity Tooty, was created by Michael Daniel.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More