- Cooking Time: 80 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup Tropical Food’s Banana Split® Snack Mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 fresh pineapple slices
- 3 maraschino cherries
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream per serving
- Caramel sauce for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x2-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a sauté pan and stir in the brown sugar until melted. Spread over the parchment paper.
- Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer, and then place cherries between each slice and in the center.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a mixer beat in the remaining 6 tbsp. of butter until the mixture looks sandy. Beat in the milk, vanilla extract, and eggs on medium for 1 minute. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake to release from the pan and invert the cake onto a large plate.
- Remove the pan and parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Serve with 1 scoop of ice cream, drizzle of caramel sauce and Tropical Food’s Banana Split®.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Fruity Tooty, was created by Michael Daniel.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Sharing Christmas with Friends
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More