- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Fry bread-
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups oil (for frying)
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- ½ cup picante sauce
- Combine pinto beans and 2 tablespoons of picante sauce in a sauce pan over low heat. Heat until heated thorough. In a large skillet cook ground beef with taco seasoning according to the package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- To make fry bread – in a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and mix until the dough comes together and forms a ball. On floured surface kneed the dough until its smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet (oil should be at least 1 ½” deep) to 365 degrees. Break off ¾ cup sized pieces of the dough and shape into round discs that are about ¼” in thickness. Make a thinner depressed area in the center. Fry the bread (1 piece at a time) in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Turn only once. Drain on paper towels.
- Top fry bread with beans, taco meat, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Babette's Test Kitchen
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More