- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 15
- * 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (Betty Crocker Super Moist suggested)
- * 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- * 2 large eggs
- * confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with Reynolds Parchment Paper; Do not let parchment hang over edges of cookie sheet or touch oven rack or oven wall.
- Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms.
- Dust hands with confectioners' sugar and shape dough into 1" balls.
- Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.
- I have tried these with several different cake mix brands. They all come out good, but the Betty Crocker does come out the best.
- I was having a problem with my cookies flattening while baking. This usually happens with the generic cake mix brands. You can play with your oven temp and try them on 375 to keep them from spreading. Adding more oil than called for will also cause the cookies to spread -- I wouldn't suggest it, they really don't need extra oil.
- Another way to keep them nice and thick and to get the most "crinkled" or "crackled" look is to make them bigger. When I roll them at about 1.5 inches they look prettier.
- And my best tip: My confectioners' sugar was consistently being absorbed by the dough. The last time I baked them, I rolled them into balls without rolling in the sugar and let them "dry" for a few minutes. Then I rolled them in sugar and baked. These came out with a nice coating of sugar that didn't disappear.
NotesThese are chewy, fudgy, SUPER EASY cookies that you can probably make right now! I have watched these disappear time and again and everyone is always asking for the recipe. It is almost embarrassing to give it out, it is that easy Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
NFPG Recipe Collection
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More