- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I added white chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- whipped cream or sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In large mixing bowl stir flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbsp. cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine milk, oil and vanilla: add to flour mixture and stir till smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Add this mixture to a 8 x 8 x 2" baking pan un-greased.
- Combine the 3/4 cup sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa powder: gradually stir in boiling water. Pour the liquid mixture evenly over the batter already in the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled in individual dessert dishes. Serve with whipped cream or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes 8 servings.
NotesLast Saturday I got up and went to a Thrift store I have been wanting to go see. I found a cookbook called Better Homes and Gardens Chocolate. In going through the book I came across Fudge Pudding Cake. It is the best pudding cake I have ever had for sure. Creamy Fudge layer on bottom and the cake is so moist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Home cookingSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More