- Cooking Time: 45-55
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was found in one of the dumb .99 cookbooks that no one would pick up at the grocery store. I actually picked up and made this one because I am a chocolate lover. Not a holiday goes by now when I do not make this one.
This tastes just like a brownie. I have found from personal experiences that the longer this is cold, the better it is.
- One pastry crust for pie (refrigerated kind)
- 4oz chocolate chips (2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put one pastry crust in a pie plate.
- In small saucepan, over very low heat, melt the butter and the chocolate chips until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into pie shell
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes