FUDGY CHOCOLATE QUICK BREAD
- 4 squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted PLANTERS Walnuts
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour 9x5-inch loaf pan.
Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until
butter is melted.
Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
Add sugars; mix well.
Blend in eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
Add flour, baking powder and baking soda; mix well.
Stir in walnuts.
SPREAD into prepared pan.
BAKE 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan 10 min.; remove from pan to wire rack.
Cut into 16 slices to serve.
After bread is completely cooled, wrap in plastic wrap.
Place in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 1 month.