- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup cold, brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan, tapping out excess.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, 3 tablespoons heavy cream, and melted chocolate until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cake mix, coffee, oil, and eggs until just mixed. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts. Mound the cream cheese mixture around the pan, but do not spread to the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 1 hour in the pan before inverting.
- To prepare the glaze, heat 1/2 cup heavy cream in small saucepan over medium heat until the edges are bubbly. Mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and stir until melted and smooth. Simmer one minute, until slightly thickened. Pour glaze over the cake, letting it to flow down the sides. Cool completely, allowing the glaze to set. Store in the refrigerator.
NotesA dense tunnel of chocolaty cream cheese winds through this cake, which is so decadent, yet surprisingly easy.