- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 bars (1.5 ounces each) good dark chocolate, broken up
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 1. Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- 2. Beat eggs and sugar in mixing bowl 2 to 3 minutes or until light and thickened, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in vanilla and orange extracts.
- Gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- Beat in salt.
- Beat in flour in 2 additions, using low speed. Pour batter in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cream Cheese Topping:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in orange zest and powdered sugar. Spread topping evenly over brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until topping is slightly firm.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
NotesI won the Blue Ribbon at the Texas State Fair. This is not my original recipe -- I got it from Chocolatier, and it is SOOO good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
My Family CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More