- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI won the Blue Ribbon at the Texas State Fair. This is not my original recipe -- I got it from Chocolatier, and it is SOOO good!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 bars (1.5 ounces each) good dark chocolate, broken up
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 1. Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- 2. Beat eggs and sugar in mixing bowl 2 to 3 minutes or until light and thickened, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in vanilla and orange extracts.
- Gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- Beat in salt.
- Beat in flour in 2 additions, using low speed. Pour batter in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cream Cheese Topping:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in orange zest and powdered sugar. Spread topping evenly over brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until topping is slightly firm.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Chips Galore Cookies
Betty Crocker Spinach-Cheese BallsSee More