- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 45 min. (incl cooking)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 bars (1.5 ounces each) good dark chocolate, broken up
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Reynolds Parchment Paper
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1. Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- 2. Beat eggs and sugar in mixing bowl 2 to 3 minutes or until light and thickened, using electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in vanilla and orange extracts. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture. Beat in salt. Beat in flour in 2 additions, using low speed. Pour batter in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in orange zest and powdered sugar. Spread topping evenly over brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until topping is slightly firm.
- Chill or serve at room temperature.
NotesI got this recipe from Chocolatier and entered it in the 2004 Texas State Fair Brownie Cookoff. They won first place and I have been making these brownies ever since. They are VERY fudgy and the combination of orange and chocolate is FABULOUS!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More