- Cooking Time: 22 minutes +
- Servings: 6-8 servings +
- Preparation Time:
- Be sure that your PC is large enough for a 7 inch springform pan. I have a 7 liter pressure cooker and this fits great.
- Peanut Crust
- 1 cup ground toasted unsalted peanuts (see Cook's Note below in the direction sect.)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 cups water
- Whipped cream to decorate
- Chocolate curls to decorate
- Prepare crust.
- Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, blend peanut butter, cheese, sugars, and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, and blend in sour cream.
- Pour in melted chocolate and blend on low speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter into crust. Cover with 2 layers of paper towels, top with foil, and crimp along edge to seal.
- Pour water into pressure cooker. Insert steam basket.
- Prepare foil harness (This is just made with foil strips and it enables you to lift the pan into and out of the PC easily. Most PC cookbooks have directions, but it is a no brainer.)
- Place pan in harness and lower into cooker. Loop top of harness into a handle. Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 22 minutes. Let cook down naturally. Remove lid. Lift pan from cooker and place on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. (I prefer overnight) Remove cover . Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Notes: To Toast nuts, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place nuts in a shallow baking pan and bake 7-8 minutes or until golden. Watch these carefully as they burn fast.
NotesYes, you can make a cheesecake in the pressure cooker. Once you start using the PC, you will realize just how much can be made in it. And, no, I don't get commission,LOL. I just love it and love experimenting with it.
This is a creamy peanutty cheesecake and is very, very rich, so a small piece will go a long way.
I hope you get a chance to enjoy it.
I got this from one of the pressure cooker recipe books I purchased.