- Cooking Time: 22 to 26 minutes
- Servings: 12 to 15 muffins
- Preparation Time:
- * 1/2 cup applesauce
- * 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- * 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- * 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- * 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- * 1 egg
- * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- * 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon(optional)
- * 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- * Powdered sugar(optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- 2. Stir together applesauce and oats in small bowl; set aside. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add applesauce mixture; blend well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon, if desired. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- 3. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle muffin tops with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm. 12 to 15 muffins.
- FUDGY CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS: Omit peanut butter chips. Add 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at HomeSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More