- Cooking Time: 50 Min Total
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt.
- In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet, bring butter and cream to a simmer over medium. Add chocolate; reduce to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate has melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture, whisking until blended (reserve skillet). Fold in flour mixture. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Serve from skillet, warm or at room temperature.
- helpful Hint:
- Raid your pantry for brownie mix-ins: Pecans, walnuts, and chocolate chips are terrific. If serving the brownies warm, vanilla ice cream is the ideal companion.
NotesEnjoy a homemade treat in less than an hour with a recipe that uses the same skillet to melt the chocolate and bake the brownies. Then scoop them right from the pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More