- Cooking Time: 50 Min Total
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt.
- In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet, bring butter and cream to a simmer over medium. Add chocolate; reduce to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate has melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture, whisking until blended (reserve skillet). Fold in flour mixture. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Serve from skillet, warm or at room temperature.
- helpful Hint:
- Raid your pantry for brownie mix-ins: Pecans, walnuts, and chocolate chips are terrific. If serving the brownies warm, vanilla ice cream is the ideal companion.
NotesEnjoy a homemade treat in less than an hour with a recipe that uses the same skillet to melt the chocolate and bake the brownies. Then scoop them right from the pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Short & Sweet
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More