2 cans of fava beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup of olive oil, pus more to garnish
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne
4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 hard-boiled eggs, 6 egg wedges
2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1. Place beans in a 2 qt. saucepan and cover with water by 1 inch.
2. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook until the beans are tender approximately 8 minutes.
3. Drain beans and transfer into a bowl.
4. Add lemon juice, oil, cumin, cayenne, garlic, and salt, and pepper to the beans and stir until beans are lightly broken up.
5. Transfer to a serving platter and surround with egg wedges. Drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Pairs Well With
Ful mudammas is a breakfast dish eaten in Egypt. Ful mudammas (fava bean dip) is usually eaten with pita bread, hard-boiled or scrambled eggs, and a cup of hot tea with boiled milk. In Muslim countries, Ful mudammas is often eaten during Ramadan before sunrise so people can fast more easily during the daylight hours.