- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- 1 cup barley flour (or use 1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat flour in place of spelt and barley if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup apple juice, plus more as needed
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 zucchini, finely grated (about 1 ½ cups)
- ½ cup finely chopped or ground walnuts
- ½ cup currants or raisins (optional, they add a touch of sweetness)
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine both flours, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place the bananas, blackstrap molasses, apple juice, and apple cider vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then fold in the zucchini, walnuts, and currants or raisins. Use a bit more apple juice if needed to wet all the flour.
- Divide mixture evenly into the 12 lined muffin cups, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the top springs back to the touch.
- Remove muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze in individual freezer bags to pull out and put into lunches as needed.
Notesfound on shmooedfood.blogspot.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More