- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- assorted colors of paste food coloring
- 24 lollipop sticks
- In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Stir till soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into fourths.
- Tint each with a different food color.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Working with each color, shape dough into 3/4 inch balls.
- For each cookie place 1 pink, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 orange ball together to make 1 large rainbow colored ball.
- Shape into a 12 inch long roll (like a snake); starting at one end, coil roll to make a 2 3/4 inch round cookie.
- Place cookies 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Carefully insert lollipop sticks into bottoms of cookie
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
NotesThese kind of treats have always been a kid pleaser when my kids have taken them to school. Could even use pretzel rods broke in half for the stick if serving to young children, so there is no worry of the stick with them
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More