- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- 4 - 5 boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 small can mushrooms sliced
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 can chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 dashed Tabasco
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16oz) pkg. spaghetti
- 1/4 cup stuffed green olives, sliced
- 8 oz cheddar cheese grated
- In sauce pan brown onion, garlic and green pepper in butter.
- Add tomato sauce, soup, stock, chicken, bay leaf, cumin, chili powder, Tabasco and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Boil spaghetti just shy of al dente.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add spaghetti, mushrooms and olives to chicken mixture, mix well.
- This should be very moist, you are going to bake it, I sometimes have to add a little more stock.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350.
- Sprinkle with cheese return to oven uncovered until cheese is melted.
NotesI call this Funky Chicken Spaghetti because it's so different. This recipe has chili powder, cumin, green olives and a lot of other ingredients not usually found in Chicken Spaghetti
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More