- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAnother recipe from my future mother in law. They usually have big family dinners at her father's house once a week and this is made about once a month over there.
This make LOTS of funnel cake. If you're not making this for a large group, scale it down.
- 3 eggs
- 2 c milk
- 1/4 c sugar
- 3 cups flour (you'll want the consistency of pancake batter so you may need to add more)
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- -Preheat deep fryer (I'm not sure of the temp, as we have a FryDaddy)
- - Mix all the ingredients together in something with a spout - I use a pyrex measuring cup
- - When oil is hot, pour batter into oil using a crisscross motion (you know, like Funnel Cake)
- - Allow the bottom to brown for a few minutes and then flip to brown other side
- - Remove to a paper toweled plate to drain
- - Dust with powdered sugar