- Cooking Time: Approximately 3
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: Approximately 15
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail in juice, drained, reserved juice
- 1 box (6 ounces) orange or any flavor JELL-O gelatin dessert
- Add enough water to the drained juice to equal 1 1/4 cups, and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and immediately stir in JELL-O gelatin until completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Line 4 six-inch paper plates with plastic wrap. Pour 1/4 cup of the prepared gelatin onto each plate and put in the freezer in a level place for 5 minutes (no longer) until firm.
- Arrange fruit pieces on each plate in the form of a face. Spoon the remaining gelatin over the fruit and place in a refrigerator in a level place until firm, at least 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- To serve; invert, remove plate and plastic wrap and invert back onto plate.
NotesEat my face, big guy! These fun and funny gelatin faces are as cool to make as they are to devour. All you need is a few small paper plates, clean hands, and lots of wacky imagination. You can vary the flavor and look by using different colors of gelatin and a variety of canned fruit. It’s unbelievable how much healthy fruit picky eaters can pack away while they’re preoccupied by playing with their food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More