- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail in juice, drained, reserved juice
- 1 box (6 ounces) orange or any flavor JELL-O gelatin dessert
- Add enough water to the drained juice to equal 1 1/4 cups, and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and immediately stir in JELL-O gelatin until completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Line 4 six-inch paper plates with plastic wrap. Pour 1/4 cup of the prepared gelatin onto each plate and put in the freezer in a level place for 5 minutes (no longer) until firm. (Note: this can also be done in the refrigerator, but will take longer to get firm.)
- Arrange fruit pieces on each plate in the form of a face. Spoon the remaining gelatin over the fruit and place in a refrigerator in a level place until firm, at least 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- To serve invert, remove plate and plastic wrap and invert back onto plate.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 200; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 49g; Fiber 1g; Protein 4g; Vitamin A 6%DV*; Vitamin C 4%DV; Calcium 0%DV; Iron 2%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesEat my face, big guy! These fun and funny gelatin faces are as cool to make as they are to devour. All you need is a few small paper plates, clean hands, and lots of wacky imagination. You can vary the flavor and look by using different colors of gelatin and a variety of canned fruit. It’s unbelievable how much healthful fruit picky eaters can pack away while they’re preoccupied by playing with their food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Naked MacaronSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More