- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 500g Fusili-shaped pasta, cooked in boiling salted water (reserve 1 cup)
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 red onions, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp mashed garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 big bell pepper (any color) cut into strips
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, salt
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of reserved pasta water (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup black olived (seeded)
- in small saucepan, heat olive oil add onions and garlic, cook over low heat till slightly tender.
- add tomatoes, bell pepper, tomato paste, paprika, black pepper&salt, cilantro, oregano. cover over low heat for 5 mnts or till tomatoes are softened.
- add reserved pasta water, mushrooms, uncover, raise heat, stirring occasionally till sauce is thickened (about 10 mnts)
- mix with pasta and olives, served warm.
Notesa quick savory pasta that'll make you go for seconds!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More