- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
Backstorya quick savory pasta that'll make you go for seconds!
- 500g Fusili-shaped pasta, cooked in boiling salted water (reserve 1 cup)
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 red onions, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp mashed garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 big bell pepper (any color) cut into strips
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, salt
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of reserved pasta water (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup black olived (seeded)
- in small saucepan, heat olive oil add onions and garlic, cook over low heat till slightly tender.
- add tomatoes, bell pepper, tomato paste, paprika, black pepper&salt, cilantro, oregano. cover over low heat for 5 mnts or till tomatoes are softened.
- add reserved pasta water, mushrooms, uncover, raise heat, stirring occasionally till sauce is thickened (about 10 mnts)
- mix with pasta and olives, served warm.