- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 500g Fusili-shaped pasta, cooked in boiling salted water (reserve 1 cup)
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 red onions, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp mashed garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 big bell pepper (any color) cut into strips
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, salt
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of reserved pasta water (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup black olived (seeded)
- in small saucepan, heat olive oil add onions and garlic, cook over low heat till slightly tender.
- add tomatoes, bell pepper, tomato paste, paprika, black pepper&salt, cilantro, oregano. cover over low heat for 5 mnts or till tomatoes are softened.
- add reserved pasta water, mushrooms, uncover, raise heat, stirring occasionally till sauce is thickened (about 10 mnts)
- mix with pasta and olives, served warm.
Notesa quick savory pasta that'll make you go for seconds!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
My Family CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More