- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2lbs cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 glove garlic
- 2 cups coarsely chopped greens, such as Swiss chard or beet (I've used spinach too)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1lb fusilli or gemelli, or other spiral-shaped pasta
- Freshly grated Parmesan, Ronamo, or Grana Padano cheese for garnish
- Heat oven to 500 degrees. In a large stock pot, boil water for pasta.
- Coat tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, place on baking sheet, and roast until they look collapsed, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and remaining oil, and briefly sautE the garlic until fragrant. Add the greens; sautE for 5 minutes. Add lemon zest and juice.
- Cook the pasta. Remove tomatoes from oven and add the greens. Mash tomatoes lightly and thoroughly combine with the greens and season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and let stand until the pasta is done.
- Drain the pasta reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- Return pasta to stock pot, add the sauce and combine to just coat. Add small amounts of reserved pasta water if necessary.
- Serve on platter with grated cheese.
NotesThe lemon in this pasta dish makes for a great light summer dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More