- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce or wheat-free tamari
- 1 (8-ounce) jar apricot preserves, preferably fruit juice sweetened
- 3-4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch/flour
- 3 pounds chicken wings (cut into pieces at joints)
- To make marinade, combine soy sauce, preserves, rice vinegar, garlic powder, turmeric and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix tapioca starch/flour with an equal amount of water to make a slurry. Add to saucepan ingredients and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a zipper plastic bag or glass container with tight-fitting lid, marinate chicken wings in apricot sauce for at least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Turn bag or container occasionally to distribute marinade thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Remove wings from refrigerator and place them in a single layer on prepared pan. Place in preheated oven and bake 40 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with accumulated juices.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Summer 2013
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More