- Cooking Time:
- Servings: About 15 small gözleme
- Preparation Time:
- 1 250gr-package phyllo pastry (or yufka if you can find)
- 1 kg aubergines (about 4-5)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200gr crumbled feta
- One small batch fresh mint (about 10gr), finely chopped
- Cumin poudre
- Salt & pepper
- Some vegetable oil
- Start by roasting your aubergines: put your oven in the grill setting. Lined a tray with aluminium, wash the aubergines and pop them on your tray. Roast about 30 minutes on each side.
- Once roasted, remove the aubergines from the oven. Slit them lengthwise and scrape the inside into a sieve (careful, it’s PIPING hot!!). Pass a knife through to chop into small pieces and allow to drain for about 24hrs.
- Preheat your oven at 200°C/392°F, and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, chop the aubergines. Add the lemon juice, mint, feta and cumin. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stack 2-3 phyllo (or yufka) sheets on top of each other, and slice into strips 5-6cm wide. Keep the rest of your phyllo in a damp cloth to keep it from drying out while you’re working.
- Drop a few teaspoons of the aubergine mix onto one end of the phyllo strip, and fold into triangles and you would for a samosa.
- Brush from oil on both side before putting them on your tray.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes on each side, or until golden.
NotesGözleme are Turkish street food, thin pastries filled with different ingredients (spinach & cheese, minced meat, potatoes, etc…). They’re usually prepared with their special dough and baked on a griddle or in a heavy pan. So far as I’m concerned, I prefer the lighter version made with phyllo pastry and baked in the oven.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The Social Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More