- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 2-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 4 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini (I used 1 zucchini and 1 yellow squash)
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease two 8 x 4-inch nonstick pans. (For smaller loaves, use three or four 5 x 3-inch nonstick loaf pans.
- In large bowl, cream oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla together with electric mixer until very smooth. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Mix thoroughly on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Quickly (but gently) stir in zucchini, and nuts. Batter will be somewhat thick. Turn batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 8 x 4-inch loaves for 60-65 minutes; 5 x 3-inch pans for 45 minutes. Place foil over bread during final 20 minutes of baking to reduce over-browning. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack. Cool thoroughly before slicing
NotesI love fall recipes, I look forward to this time all year round. I created this the other night when I felt inspired to bake something sweet and a little spicy with my leftover zucchini and yellow squash from the farmer's market. With the addition of pumpkin puree, it is so moist and delicious that you'd never believe it's gluten free.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and HomeworkSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More