- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Frozen garlic Texas toast, such as Cole's
- Spinach OR Bibb lettuce, chop in food processor
- Tomato slices
- American cheese slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake Texas Toast for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over.
- -- Layer 1: chopped spinach or Bibb lettuce
- -- Layer 2: 1 tomato slice
- -- Layer 3: 1/2 slice American cheese
- Bake for additional 4 to 5 minutes, until hot and cheese bubbly.
NotesGreat for a light meal, or accompaniment with soup or salad. With spinach impossible to buy, I substituted Bibb lettuce for the spinach. Rave reviews even with the lettuce. I have left off tomatoes for those sensitive to the acid.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More