- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Frozen garlic Texas toast, such as Cole's
- Spinach OR Bibb lettuce, chop in food processor
- Tomato slices
- American cheese slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake Texas Toast for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over.
- -- Layer 1: chopped spinach or Bibb lettuce
- -- Layer 2: 1 tomato slice
- -- Layer 3: 1/2 slice American cheese
- Bake for additional 4 to 5 minutes, until hot and cheese bubbly.
NotesGreat for a light meal, or accompaniment with soup or salad. With spinach impossible to buy, I substituted Bibb lettuce for the spinach. Rave reviews even with the lettuce. I have left off tomatoes for those sensitive to the acid.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More