- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb fish (whitefish carp trout or pike)
- 1 large onion per pound of fish ground up
- 1 egg per pound of fish ground up
- 1/4 cup matzoh meal per pound of fish ground up
- 1 tsp of salt per pound of fish ground up
- 1/2 tsp pepper per pound of fish ground up
- Bring to boil a large pot of water and fish heads and bones. Add lots of onions and carrots sliced (Save the peel of the onions). Bring all the ingredients together and mix well.
- You can also add 1 carrot to the fish if you want. Wet your hands and form the fish into balls. Drop fish into the water bring to a boil and simmer for 3 hours covered.
- In the last hour add the onion skins. Add hot water as needed.
- Recipe may be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled.
- If you feel daring try making horseradish. Just peel a horseradish root, Place in a blender or cuisnart and spin. When that is ground up add 1 can of beets and a little borscht. Mix until you get the desired color and consistency you want. Then add some vinegar and if necessary add some sugar to taste.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More