- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb fish (whitefish carp trout or pike)
- 1 large onion per pound of fish ground up
- 1 egg per pound of fish ground up
- 1/4 cup matzoh meal per pound of fish ground up
- 1 tsp of salt per pound of fish ground up
- 1/2 tsp pepper per pound of fish ground up
- Bring to boil a large pot of water and fish heads and bones. Add lots of onions and carrots sliced (Save the peel of the onions). Bring all the ingredients together and mix well.
- You can also add 1 carrot to the fish if you want. Wet your hands and form the fish into balls. Drop fish into the water bring to a boil and simmer for 3 hours covered.
- In the last hour add the onion skins. Add hot water as needed.
- Recipe may be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled.
- If you feel daring try making horseradish. Just peel a horseradish root, Place in a blender or cuisnart and spin. When that is ground up add 1 can of beets and a little borscht. Mix until you get the desired color and consistency you want. Then add some vinegar and if necessary add some sugar to taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Cooking with Sabra
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More