- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup sliced onion (1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 20-ounce package refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1 pound cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into bite-size slices
- 1 14-ounce can Bavarian-style sauerkraut*
- In a 12-inch skillet cook and stir onion in hot oil over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in apple cider, broth, and mustard.
- Add potato wedges, sausage pieces, and sauerkraut. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until thickened and bubbly and potatoes are tender.
NotesA really simple but tasty and hearty one-dish meal.
*Note: If Bavarian-style sauerkraut is unavailable, substitute one 14.5-ounce can sauerkraut plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Ramen Noodle Sandwich Fit For a Hungry Person
Pancit Bihon (Stir Fried Rice Noodles)See More